Thanks to the tremendous efforts of the NHS and volunteers Thirsk and Malton has the highest numbers of people vaccinated in Yorkshire and the Humber (60,922), which makes the constituency the 15th highest percentage of people vaccinated in the whole of England.
In Hambleton 68.2 percent of people have been vaccinated whilst in Ryedale the number is 66.4% with Scarborough, which includes Filey, the total is 68%. This is really good news and is one of the reasons why North Yorkshire has one of the lowest number of cases in the whole country.
However, there is no room for complacency. We need as many people as possible to have the vaccine in the weeks ahead so we can fulfill the target of offering it to every adult by the end of July. This will mean that we can continue our cautious easing of lockdown restrictions as part of our route back to normal life. Non-essential retail, outdoor attractions, indoor leisure facilitates, hospitality venues and self-contained accommodation are now able to open once again and we can look forward to the next stage. This will include indoor socialising and hospitality, opening up of hotels, B&Bs, cinemas, museums and theatres and outdoor socialising and weddings of up to 30 people and possibly international travel.
Lateral Flow tests available free
One of the ways to ensure you and others around you are safe you can get a free lateral flow test.
- More information for employers can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/get-workplace-coronavirus-test
- You can order 7 tests to be delivered to your home from here: https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests
- You call collect from a pharmacy – more will be offering this service in the coming weeks https://maps.test-and-trace.nhs.uk/
You can collect from mobile testing site including
- Friday 16th April - Thornton Le Dale - North York Moors National Park Authority car park, No.5. Chestnut Avenue, Thornton Le Dale, Pickering, YO18 7RR
- Saturday 17th April - Richmond - Round Howe Car Park, Reeth Road, Richmond, DL10 4TL
- Sunday 18th April - Filey - Filey Country park, Church Cliff Drive, Filey, YO14 9ET
Once you have collected your tests you should:
- test yourself twice a week (every 3 or 4 days) using the testing kits. Instructions are provided with the kits
- report every result to NHS Test and Trace on the same day as you take your test. You can report your test result online or by calling 119
Full details can be found here: